Monday, September 05, 2005

Monday evening, and stuck in Paris at Orly. EasyJet is running late.

Today the boys went back to school. Summer vacation is over. I remember when I was a kid that being one of the two BIG days every year. The other BIG day was the last day of school each year. These were the summer "book-ends", and they were never far enough apart, from what I recall.

Skype’ing Jeanne (airport WiFi) while I type this out, I get the report that they both had a great day and were happy to see their friends and meet their teachers. Dominick is with the big folks now in high school. Benjamin met a new friend from Belgium that was born in Pakistan and was new at the school this year. Being an international school in Geneva, College du Leman (CDL) gets a lot of kids coming in and out from around the world as their parents get posted here for a couple of years then move on, especially with all the United Nations staff in Geneva.

We are getting a bit of an Indian summer. Yesterday we all played tennis for a couple of hours with Gunther, Rahel and Lorin. Afterwards, we went for a swim in their pool and Jeanne made Giant Meatball Subs (GMS’s), and then we watched the DVD “Sahara” together. Lots of action, but unlikely to win any awards! We’re thinking of making "GMS’s and a video" a regular weekend ritual.

Hope to get out of here in the next hour….JP

No comments: