Sunday, August 28, 2005


The sunflowers are losing their glow as summer winds down. The sun was setting on a Sunday evening walking back from some trout fishing in the Versoix river, just down the path to the right. No luck, not much rising or hatching, but very relaxing and pretty.

The Versoix comes out of the Jura Mountains (seen in the background) and is the border between Switzerland and France on the stretch of the river we fish. We usually manage to catch one or two, with our best luck coming on a #16 Royal Coachman.

The last two times I brought Benjamin he had a special occassion occur both times. The first time he caught and landed a smalll brown trout on a dry fly, all by himself, which was a first! The next trip he caught a small Grayling, which I did not even know were in the Versoix! I checked on the web when I got back, and sure enough, it said they are in there.

The legal limit to keep the trout is 38 centimeters or about 15 inches, and there are lots of people down there worming 'em, so there aren't any big ones left. The best I have done is an 11-12 incher.

No comments: