Friday, June 09, 2006

Sitting by the pool doing some work in Bangkok at the Amari Watergate. I just got another update from Rodney on how Mum is doing. Sounds like the operation went well, but as anticipated, the recovery will be slow and long. With luck she will once again be able to go forth and visit some of these exotic locals again. She was last here in 1991 for Dominick's baptism when I was working at Thai Airways.

I am here for the next five days to attend a user conference. After a meeting in Hong Kong on Thursday, there was not really time to go back to Geneva and then fly to Bangkok, so I am here for the weekend with nothing to do but work, blog and hang by the pool video skype'ing with the wiff and kiddies.

Yesterday they had a million people attend a speech by the king in celebration of his 60 years on the throne.

No comments: