Last week I went to a business pow-wow in Lisbon. I had some time after getting to the hotel before the event began, so I put on my running shoes, and went for a jog. After running to the end of the block, and then to the end of the neighbourhood, I ran through one narrow alleyway after another, with people hanging out their windows, cooking their mid-day repast, and listening to their music and soap operas and whatever else, pouring out the windows of their of close living accommodations for the world to hear, and evenutally I found I had ran all the way to the sea, where I could run no further. I was like Forest Gump... "For no particular reason, I decided to go for a run, and I was RUUUNIIINNNG!"...I hit the Atlantic down at the Porto de Lisbon, pictured above. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and there were people fishing along the banks and ships going by...The farther I went, the more there was to see, and it was "sooo beautifuuul"...Two hours later, after running through all the back-streets of Lisbon, I found my hotel again...The only problem was I couldn't lose the Gump accent for the next 2 days...
Monday, October 10, 2005
Last week I went to a business pow-wow in Lisbon. I had some time after getting to the hotel before the event began, so I put on my running shoes, and went for a jog. After running to the end of the block, and then to the end of the neighbourhood, I ran through one narrow alleyway after another, with people hanging out their windows, cooking their mid-day repast, and listening to their music and soap operas and whatever else, pouring out the windows of their of close living accommodations for the world to hear, and evenutally I found I had ran all the way to the sea, where I could run no further. I was like Forest Gump... "For no particular reason, I decided to go for a run, and I was RUUUNIIINNNG!"...I hit the Atlantic down at the Porto de Lisbon, pictured above. There wasn't a cloud in the sky and there were people fishing along the banks and ships going by...The farther I went, the more there was to see, and it was "sooo beautifuuul"...Two hours later, after running through all the back-streets of Lisbon, I found my hotel again...The only problem was I couldn't lose the Gump accent for the next 2 days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment