Friday, January 29, 2010

What to do, what to do?
No updates in awhile again, and no pictures for this post. What's a content-deprived author to do? After coming back from Turkey, I had a week at home and then back to Geneva for a week, which is just come to a conclusion, as I sit in the Air France lounge in Geneva at 0600 on a Saturday morning, heading back to Atlanta.

The weather has been bad everywhere I go. It snowed 5 inches last night here, and it is supposed to be spitting rain and sleet in Atlanta when I arrive. The lake has dropped down in the low 40's, shutting down the fishing, or at least shutting down the fisherman and the desire to stand in freezing rain staring into the dull gray. Brother Matt has documented in excruciating, soul-searching detail the challenges we're facing on his website.


After a week on the road though, and having invested heavily in goretex and fleece, I am determined to get back out there. The word is you have to troll umbrella rigs with leadcore line, so that is the game plan for Sunday morning. If we have any luck, you will be the first to know, as I will post pix for y'all (or for you Mum, in case you are the only person that ever reads this).

No comments: