She Sent me out for Muskies and I came back with a Truck and a Boat
I went up to Minnesota for a few days of fishing with brothers Matt, Dave, Eddie and Brian. Besides throwing our arms off casting for Muskies in a futile effort to get the giant beasts to bite, I also went to look at a 24 ft center console (240 Bay Scout) that Matt's friend had for sale. It turned out to be in good condition and a good deal, so I agreed to buy it.We just relocated earlier in the month to Atlanta, where we have bought a home on Lake Lanier (photo below), and so we were in the market to get a boat, though the wife had not agreed I should get one while in Minnesota.

Anyway, having acquired a boat, I then needed a way to get it down to Georgia. Well, it turns out I needed to buy a car as well, and had been tossing around the idea of getting a truck, so I went to the local Ford dealer, and drove away with a new F350 Lariat. We headed straight out (my friend Paul helped me drive it down) and drove 21 hours to Atlanta, where we showed up, much to the wife's surprise, with the whole rig pictured below.

After the long ride, it was nice to relax on the balcony of the new house and enjoy the view. Since the photo below was taken over a year and a half ago, the water has come up 15 ft or so, covering all the clay showing.

1 comment:
Have you caught a stripper out of the new rig yet? Very nice!
Post a Comment